One-on-one counseling sessions are very effective to work on a variety of difficult or consequential decisions. Some examples:
- What kind of living situation would be best for me (and my bank account)? Buying a house? Having roommates? An intentional community? Renting? Renting something else?
- Should I go to school again? Where? What else could I do for my career?
- Should I sell or restructure my business?
- Should I move to Hawaii?
- What car should I buy?
Couples are often facing special kinds of challenging decisions, such as:
- Do we want to have (another) baby, and when? Would adoption or a foster family be the right choice for us?
- Should we try to have an open relationship?
- What kind of dog would be best for our family, if any?
Organizations and groups, such as work teams or families, may work on issues such as:
- What should we do with the house we inherited?
- Should we merge our start-up business with a bigger company?